Should a College Grad Manage Your Social Media? Aha Moments with Ahava Leibtag
July 14, 2011
Welcome to episode #5 of Content Marketing & Merlot, with your hosts, Brody Dorland and Jayme Thomason!
Discussion Topic: Should Companies Hire Recent College Grads to Manage Their Social Media Presence?
As more and more companies realize the power of social media, they also realize that there needs to be an investment of resources in order to do it right. For busy small businesses, finding the time to dedicate to it is a major challenge and many don’t have the budget for hiring an experienced marketer or agency to outsource the task. They may, however, be able to afford a recent grad or intern to manage the effort. So there’s the question…Would it be better to put your online reputation and social communications in the hands of a recent grad? Or just stay away from social until the company finds the budget?
Have a listen and we’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Aha Moments: Ahava Leibtag Shares Content Marketing Lessons from the Healthcare Industry
With a colorful background, including: writing for the Jerusalem Post in Israel, re-writing regulatory policies for federal government agencies, and then transitioning into healthcare marketing with her agency, Aha Media Group, Ahava Leibtag brings some great lessons to the table that every content marketer should understand.
Here are a few topics that we cover:
• Tips on how to turn technical subject matter into consumer-friendly content
• The importance of understanding your target audiences and testing content
• The biggest marketing mistakes that healthcare organizations are making today…Stop the presses!
• The Four Rules of Hospital Websites
• How to improve content and websites in phases when working with small budgets
• Tricks and tools to measure content marketing results
• The power of talking to end users/customers
• Insights from CONFAB 2011: The Content Strategy Conference
• Content strategists are the coolest set of nerds…(we concur)
Thanks again to Ahava for all the content marketing goodness and until next time, we’re toasting your content marketing success!